There are many different benefits of an automated palletising system, and the benefits to your company will be directly related to your own specific situation. However, there are some benefits that are common to virtually every automated palletiser installation and these are outlined below.
- Production Increase
Following installation of an automated palletising system, most companies typically experience a +40% production increase. This is usually due the following factors:
- An automated system does not take holidays or breaks, so there is no need for your palletising or production process to stop.
- As the palletiser is reliable and consistent in its output, there is then a forced takt time. This means that the production process further up the line has to keep to this takt time to keep the palletiser running at optimum speeds.
- An automated system will be able to work longer hours than an employee palletising by hand. The system will work shift after shift, and can also work 24/7 if required.
- Faster palletising speeds can be achieved with an automated system. This is partly due to the fact that the system won’t stop or get distracted, along with the fact that the RSI risk has been removed.
- Fast Payback
Payback on an automated palletising system is usually very very quick if you are currently palletising by hand. By the time you have factored in labour cost savings, value of the increased production output, and the savings in HR cost and RSI risks, payback time is often less than one year.
- Reduction in Health & Safety Claims
Health and safety risks are usually high when you are palletising by hand due to the large amounts of manual labour required. However, with an automated palletising system these risks and the associated costs are completely removed, thereby reducing your risk of Health & Safety claims from palletising to zero.
- Other Benefits
There are many other benefits of an automated palletising system, however some of the additional key benefits that our customers have found include:
- Impressed customers. When your customers see a robot palletising in your factory, they can’t help but be impressed with your technologically advanced processes. This in turn helps to build and improve customer relationships and trust as they can see that you’re using the best and most cost-effective methods of producing the products you’re selling to them.
- Reduction in errors and improved stack quality. An automated palletising system will reliably pick and place product onto the pallet in exactly the right position. This removes the risk of transit damage and pallet slippages being caused by product being placed incorrectly on the pallet. It also removes the associated costs of having to replace product that has been damaged in transit.
- Boosts staff morale. An automated palletising system typically boosts staff morale. This is often due to the fact that staff no longer have to perform the repetitive task of stacking pallets by hand, and are enjoying their new role within the company. Staff also enjoy the feeling of achievement they get by learning how to run and reprogram the palletising system.
Whilst these are some of the benefits of installing an automated palletising system, this is by no means an exhaustive list. Each installation will have its own merits and benefits depending on the current method of palletising and the type of automated system that is installed.