A complete robotic machine tending and assembly production line is an excellent way of completely automating your production process so that it can be run with minimal human input.
Robotic machine tending in its basic form is the movement of product from one machine to another, or to a holding or packing area. Robotic machine tending even in this basic form is a vast improvement on human labour, as you reduce the risk of RSI, eliminate human error, and lower production costs. However, robotic machine tending doesn’t just stop there…
With today’s advances in technology, robots can also be programmed to complete a process on the product as it move’s it from one area to another. Be it quality checking the part, de-burring, assembly, or performing finishing touches, this can all be included in the machine tending process.
Robotic machine tending tends to commonly be associated with the production of metal parts, but it doesn’t need to stop there. It can be used for handling virtually any type of production material, be it metal, polymers, ceramics, or composites.
As with every type of automation, the solution to suit your process will need to be bespoke. The bespoke aspect of robotic machine tending is very important, as if you want your machines to run as efficiently and productively as possible, the solution has to be tailored specifically to your requirements. With a bespoke robotic machine tending solution, wasted time and movement can be eliminated. After all, the less machining and processing time you need to enable you to produce the finished product, the more profit there is for you!
The first step towards installing a robotic machine tending process is to have your production process assessed by a competent automation supplier. They will be able to look at your complete process and recommend solutions.
An example robotic machine tending process may run something like this;
- A pallet feeder feeds pallets into the system automatically.
- A robot takes parts out of an injection moulding machine, CNC machine or any other machine tending application.
- The robot then assembles the parts and stacks them onto pallets.
- A stretch-wrapping machine automatically stretch wraps the pallets.
- The finished pallets are automatically fed out of the system on a conveyor.
Systems such as these reduce labour requirements, reduce the risk of repetitive strain injury and reduce worker fatigue whilst increasing production throughput, productivity and efficiency.
A robotic machine tending system from Granta for this type of application would usually include:
- A machine tending and assembly robot.
- An Automatic pallet feeding system.
- Pallet feeding conveyors.
- Integration with the output of your CNC machine(s), injection moulding machine(s) or other machine tending application.
- Assembly mounts and jigs.
- A stretch-wrapping machine.
- A touch screen control system.
- Guarding and doors with interlocks and safety as required.
- A bespoke robot gripper.
Click here to get an instant quote to see how cheaply you can take your business to the next level using bespoke robotic machine tending.
If you would like to find out more about robotic machine tending, contact us on 01223 499488 or email@example.com
Find out more…
- Why does Automation Enable a Factory to Reduce Production Costs?
- What Impact Does Automation Have On The Working Environment?
- How does Automation Affect Productivity?
- What are the Benefits of Production Automation?